Friday, May 21, 2010

Burger Up

Last night, I decided to take my friends Rachel and Reagan on a little rendezvous:

As you know, I have been VERY excited about the flea market this weekend (eek!). So, we decided, no no no - I talked them into hitting it a little early. We went to JP's house to get his truck, in hopes of loading it up and heading home. I had heard that Thursday night is the time to go. They open on Friday morning, so you can get all the good stuff if you are there while they unload. Well, it was a FLOP. First of all, it was raining. Cats and dogs. Secondly, all of the vendors were either at dinner or couped up in their campers. If we were theives, this would have been a successful trip.

I did see a mirror that I must have. I saw it there 2 months ago and it was marked for $125. I think I may have talked her down to $90, but that was still a little pricey. When I saw it yesterday, it was still marked $125. I think since she has been sitting on it for at least 2 months, she will go down further on price. I hope. Or I may just have too cough up the dough. Since the owner was at dinner last night, I am going back this afternoon and cannot wait to post a photo of it. I must get it.

We were all very hungry while at the flea market, so I talked them into something else - This new restaurant in 12South called BURGER UP.

I am proud to annouce that it was a success. I had the most delicious veggie burger called the "Marathon". The ketchup was the best ketchup I've ever dipped in. The sweet potato fries were beyond words. I guess what I'm saying is: You shoud try it. But don't go when I go. I don't want anyone else adding to wait time.

No comments:

Post a Comment