
The most intriguing aspect about living/ working in Washington, DC is the motorcade. On Tuesday, I was next to The Willard, where many Heads of State were staying for the Nuclear Summit. I saw that a motorcade was getting ready to head out so I decided to take some time to sit and watch the show. It began with about 10 police officers on motorcycles weaving in and out of traffic, yelling at people to pull over. Next, officers on foot went out in the intersection to stop traffic - about 10 minutes before anything came out from under the tent in front of The Willard. A "hippy-looking" guy was in the turning lane at the intersection and either refused to move or was extremely confused as to where the officers wanted him to go. He would not move, until the motorcade began to proceed out of the tent, and an officer ran over to him and PUSHED him and his bike out of the way. Next, the Suburban's came through - with one window in the back always rolled down. (I'd be interested to know why only one window is rolled down.) Then, the Cadillac's came, followed by more Suburban's. And just like that, they are gone.
I have always found this process facinating. Every time I hear sirens, I run to the office windows to watch the show. These guys don't mess around.
No comments:
Post a Comment