Monday, June 7, 2010

watermelon salad

One of my favorite things to do is go grocery shopping. Not running in the grocery and whisping around grabbing things on my list, but walking down every aisle looking for delicious foods and wishing I knew how to cook. Publix is one of the grocery stores at the top of my list (including Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Fresh Market - and yes - I considered Target a grocery store - it makes it easier to pay the bill) - I just wish it was closer to my house.

I always love trying their samples when you walk in the door. A few weeks ago, I tried the most delicious and unusual salad - and I have to share:

WATERMELON FETA SALAD:
ingredients:
4 oz feta cheese
2 lb watermelon slices (or quarters)
8 oz grape tomatoes
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons white balsalmic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups arugula greens
1 cup sliced red onions
prep:
- cut feta and watermelon into small bite-size pieces.
- cut tomatoes in half.
steps:
1. whisk oil, vinegar and salt to blend; set aside. place arugula, onions, and tomatoes in salad bowl.
2. add vinaigerette; toss to coat. add cheese and melon; serve.

yummy! This looks easy enough for me to handle... I think I am going to have a dinner party this weekend JUST to make this salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment