So, I got a lot done this weekend. I'm finally settled (somewhat) in the new house. One of the many things I did this weekend was make a successful trip to Flower Mart - one of my favorite places in Green Hills. The new owner ended up helping me and threw a lot of stuff in for free! Thanks, Flower Mart!
Below is the beginning stage of my wheat grass harvest. I planted it on Saturday afternoon. Right now it is in the middle of the kitchen table - which JP pointed out: No one wants to eat at the table with dirt. So, I may move it to another location in the house until my grass flourishes.
When I walked into Flower Mart on Saturday, I told the owner that I wanted something green, fun and full shade to go in the planter (another garage sale steal!) around my umbrella on the patio. We decided on romaine lettuce - and I love it!
Some more green:
Last year, my Mama gave me this little planter (which was yet another fabulous garage sale find!) full of green moss. Well, it croaked over the winter, so I have started over. Hopefully these guys will last in the window above the kitchen sink.
JP and I had dinner last night at Whole Foods grill - where we spotted Kelly Pickler and an unknown male suspect. (Note: not Kid Rock.) As we were leaving he grabbed these peonies for me (my FAVORITE flower, along with renunculus). When we visited MamaJean and DaddyDon on Sunday, MamaJean had some of Whole Foods peonies, and we fell in love. He's the sweetest.
Mama and Daddy came over on Monday to help spread mulch, transplant some plants and bring a pot of flowers. Its starting to look good outside... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment